We’re busier than ever but we can make time for things that are important. Consider the things that took up your time last week or what’s on the agenda for this week. Life gets in the way, but being aware of how we’re using our time will help us become more intentional. I have added a list of five very useful tools that help me on my busiest days and with 6 kids on the go, in the car, sitting at soccer practice, and more!
1. Worship music- The lyrics get stuck in your head and are usually words that continue to encourage you throughout the day.
2. Journaling- This is also a form of prayer and very helpful to those learning how to talk to God. Take the time to think about what you want and write down questions you need Him to answer. Praise Him by expressing gratitude.
3. Pray- Just talk to your Father. Talk the way you talk to a friend. (shower or driving)
4. Podcast or audio books – If this peaks your interest, driving becomes something you look forward to!
5. Bible app and right here at momsandfaith.com for short devotionals – The Bible app has it all! Short devotional plans for every topic you can think of, convenience, audio and video options too, verse of the day, and community -add your friends and support each other or invite them to complete a devotional together.
Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you
James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1. What obstacles do you face with time?
What can you do in a typical day to make time for God?
3. Imagine your kids are grown and moving out (maybe they are)- What do you expect from them? How much time do you expect they give to you and in what ways (call, text, visits)? Think about that. God wants your time!